Nutrition & Body Composition Assessment (RMR Test)
The Nutrition & Body Composition Assessment includes an InBody Body Composition test and Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) test. This assessment calculates an individual’s baseline caloric needs and determines an individual’s body fat percentage and lean muscle mass.
Testing results include:
- Resting Energy Expenditure
- Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE)
- Body Composition
- 20-min Nutrition Coaching Consult
Testing is available Monday through Friday in New Orleans, LA. Sessions last 45 minutes and are available at 8-9 AM, 1-4 PM, and 7-8 PM most days.
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) Requirements:
Measuring a person’s metabolic rate at a true resting level is desirable. To ensure one is at rest, we recommend the following preparation:
- Avoid intense exercising for two days before testing (48 hours before the test) and any workouts over 60-minutes the day prior (24 hours before the test).
- Fast for 6 hours before testing to include liquid foods; drink only plain water.
- There are no caffeinated or stimulating beverages, supplements, or smoking for 6 hours before the test.
- It is essential to get as comfortable as possible during the test, so wear comfortable clothing.
- Please budget 45 minutes for consultation, setup, and testing.
- The actual test takes 20 minutes.
- You will wear a mask during the testing; if you cannot comfortably rest for 20 minutes with a mask on, you may not get accurate results.